Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, December 5, 2014

Changes

Yes, I know, it's been almost a month since my last post.  Every time I come here to post, I am interrupted by nurses, phone or husband.

I have had a very scary few days this week.  Husband's blood pressure has been lower than normal for the past few months,  but, I've just been watching it.  However, on Tuesday, when one of the nurses was here, his BP went to 70/40.  We had him switch positions, switched arms, drank juice, to no avail.  She called the Dr, they said to hydrate him and if it got any lower, call 911.  Dr wanted to see him on Thursday morning.

Luckily, I have a BP machine here, only, I thought it was a battery operated one and I haven't used it in probably 4 yrs.  So, I got it out and to my surprise, it's one you plug in to the wall.

He was very pale with his eyes sunken in.  He turned to me at one point and said, "Am I going to kick the bucket?"  Both the nurse and I laughed it off and made light of the situation.  I remained calm on the outside, but, inside I was terrified.

It was one scary few hours.  I am still shaken over it.

I now monitor his BP throughout the day.  It's gone down a few times, but, not as low as 70/40.

We saw his Dr yesterday.  BP was OK.  I was given instructions on what to do.  Dr said it was time to sign all end of Life Instructions for husband. 

So, it's officially and legally on file now.  As I was signing these papers, the wording was so point blank.  Every sentence contained the words, "Resulting in Death."  Ugh.

We had a great Thanksgiving.  Went to Tish & Jace's.  It was nice.  Husband enjoyed himself.

Gearing up for Christmas.  The tree is up, lights are on.  Husband enjoys looking at the lights.

On December 20th, Medicare will stop paying for the home nurses.  Folks, I really need your prayers that somehow, someway, Medicare will approve for more time.  We have come to love these nurses and need prayer on this.  Thank you in advance.

Tomorrow is our annual Holiday dinner here at our apartment complex.  It will be in the Clubhouse.  I am looking forward to that. 

And there you have it.  I should be sad for all that is going on, but, I'm not.  I am actually looking forward to Christmas and a new year.  No poor pitiful me kind of attitude. 

Don't have time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment