Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, July 11, 2015

My Story

It has been less than 2 weeks since husband passed.  Seems like an eternity.  I am still trying to wrap my head around all that has happened and how fast it all ended.

I sit on my patio every morning and talk to him.  The other morning, I was crying and talking to him.  I asked him for a sign.  I needed to hear from him.  I got up to go to the bathroom, came back outside and looked up at the sky.

As I focused more, I saw a straight line of a very thin cloud, stretching the entire width of my patio.  I had never seen such a straight line in a cloud and stared at it for a few seconds.  Then, right before my very eyes, angel wings began to come out of this straight line.  They were elegant, beautiful, wispy and Heavenly.

I started to cry, thanking husband for this sign.  I turned my head to take a drink of my espresso, looked back out my patio and it was gone.

That was all I needed.

I leave for California on the 4th of August.  I will be there for 2 weeks.  It will be nice to get away. 

The kids each got some ashes in individual urns.  I have a big one and 1 small one.  I plan on buying 2 medium sized ones, 1 for me and 1 for father in law.  I am taking the small one to California where I will release some into his beloved San Diego, in the ocean.

I am having a hard time with leaving my home.  After 5 years of caring for him, I can walk out my door anytime I want.  Another adjustment. 

I don't know where this blog is going, or, if I will continue it.  I always thought once husband passed, I would shut this down and start on my book.  I have made attempts at the book, but, husband was still alive then.

Once I get back from California, I will start that book.

I have a story to tell. 

Our story.

My story.

2 comments:

  1. I have followed your story and admired the way you have cared for your husband. I hope you'll continue to write

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I would love to read your book one day.
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete