Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, November 15, 2013

Marching on

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted.  Time seems to be getting the best of me lately.

Husband has slipped, but, not too bad.  He seems to be OK with all that he has lost.  It's probably because he doesn't even realize what's going on anymore.

His sleeping has been good, with few interruptions during the night.  Hallucinations are a daily thing now.  I have learned to just go with it.  They still bother me, but, for him, I can't show it.

I bought a scale a few weeks ago and now weigh husband once a week.  He is losing weight.  When I weighed him last Sunday, he was down another 1/2 pound.  It's hard for me to not weigh him more frequently, but, Dr said only once a week.  We go back to the Dr on the 2nd of December for a weight check.

The weather here is turning pretty cold.  I've had more fires in the fireplace, sometimes during the day.  I am glad we moved here.  There, I said it.  Even though the real reason was for husband, it's so much better here.

I am still playing with the idea of completing the book I began over a year ago.  Blogging, for me, used to help me, mentally.  While it still does, with husband having mere months left here on earth, I come here and find myself repeating the same thing.

Being that this will be husband's last Christmas, it will be a Christmas to remember.  I plan on decorating, getting a tree, playing Christmas music, lights up around my patio, the works.  I am planning on taking pictures daily once the decorations are up.  Of husband.  I want to look back on this special time and think I did the right thing.  For husband.

While there will be overwhelming sadness, he will not know it. 

Thanks to Alzheimer's, I've become a great actress.

1 comment:

  1. My mother has dementia and I found your blog a few days ago. Thank you for your honesty it has helped me to understand her a little better. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete