Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, November 25, 2013

So over

Well, well, so I've come here to blog.  I had to take a break from it all.  The nonsense, same ole' same ole', and, the Alzheimer's.  Sometime, it's just too much for me.

We had a very rough week last week.  Husband had hallucinations day and night.  Did I mention the anger?  He became angry with everything.  I, for once, didn't think I would make it through.  It was rough.

Sitting in the shower the other morning, he seemed to calm down while water was running on him.  I chose that time to get his clean clothes ready.  I heard a bam, ran into the bathroom and there he was, sitting sideways, falling out of the shower with his shower seat falling with him.  After helping him back up, I asked him what happened?  He spoke, in broken words, saying he didn't know what had happened, but, it was my fault because I left him alone.  Of course.

I'm so over all of this. 

Since Friday, he has gotten through this angry stage and it has been much more pleasant.  Not great, but, pleasant.

I am not in the mood for all this Thanksgiving stuff.  Thanks to Alzheimer's.  I bought a turkey.  Nothing else.  Just a turkey that is now completely thawed in my fridge.  No apples for pies, no bread for stuffing, no nothing.  When is Thanksgiving?  Oh yes, this Thursday?  Great.

I am supposed to get festive for the Holidays, remember?  Someone,  please remind me of that.

Husband is waking up.  He didn't sleep well.  Coughed all night.  It's his bath day.  Have to make sure the house is warm for him.  Lay his clothes out, before he gets in the shower.

Yes, I am so over it all.

2 comments:

  1. Holidays are typically spent with family and friends – you are feeling the emptiness that Alzheimer’s has created for you. It’s ok to not be excited about the holidays – allow yourself that. But at the same time remember all those who do care about you and your husband and even those of us you don’t know …we care too.

    I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. (John 14:18)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still thinking about you, praying for you and caring.

    ReplyDelete