Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Final Arrangements


What to do or what to say after yesterday's post.  I, at times, feel so lost.  I don't know which way to turn anymore. 

I was told by the new Dr's and Hospice to start making final arrangements for husband.  After calling father in law, he said he wants to be placed next to husband's mother after all.  It didn't really upset me, as he paid for it when she died.  It's his right to want to be placed next to her.

All I've thought about for the last several days is what the Dr advised me to do.  Make final arrangements.

I don't know where to start.  How does one go about making final arrangements?  Especially when you've moved to a new city where you don't know anyone?

I never thought about final arrangements and what is involved.  Just never crossed my mind.  Now, however, it is on my mind constantly.  I want to honor husband and do the right thing.  I just don't know where to turn.

Do I place him in Albuquerque, or, here?  Do I have him buried or cremated? Do I just spread his ashes in the mountains here?  In Albuquerque?

Also, how much does this all cost?  I have heard throughout the years that a funeral is a big expense.  Something I surely don't have.

I suppose I should call around and get some ideas.

All this sounds so morbid, and I wouldn't blame any of you if you just clicked out of here fast.  But, this is real life and what happens when you are slammed with the impending death of a spouse or loved one.

This is not fun and I want out of the game. 

When I come here each morning, what you read comes straight from my heart and soul.  I bare it all here, folks.  I don't mince words, I tell it like it is.  No cute pictures, no cute stories, no updates on what "Sally Sue" did in school.

I am wanting to find a Church here in the Springs.  I miss it.  I could use some Spiritual Guidance.  

Maybe that'll get my mind off of Final Arrangements.

3 comments:

  1. I have been away for a week and a half. Just caught up on some posts I missed. I am so sorry that you are going through this. What about the help for you. How awful that they keep saying he is or isn't ready for this or that. So confusing for you. I read about what the doctor told you comparing to the embryo. That made me sad thinking of my dad. I don't think that was a good way to explain things. I can't even imagine what you are going through. (((((HUGS)))0 and prayers for you. You are such a devoted wife doing all you can for your hubby. I know he knows this even if he can't tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, I'm glad you're continuing your blog for now, even when it is hard. I think of you often and what you are going through. I wish you didn't have to face all the frustrations you do, especially on top of trial you are in. But God knows. And you are overcoming adversity with every breath you take, by the grace of God who sustains each one of us. May He bless you for the care you give your husband and for putting your heart out there for all of us to see. I wish there was something more I could do for you. But I will pray God gives you wisdom, peace & continued strength as you make choices in honoring your husband when He goes home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this Lysa Terkeurst quote this morning and thought of you all: Jesus never called us to the comfortable life. He called us follow to Him through whatever life hands us.

    Doesn't make the hard times any easier but hopefully it offers an inner peace - thinking of you all and sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete