Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

No other choice

Well, still using the office computers.  My new charger should be on it's way within a few days.

Husband is doing poorly.  I woke up yesterday morning with him staring at me.  I said good morning.  He said, "Who are you?"  Yeah, that was the way my day started.

I see him fading by the minute.  I have had bouts of sudden depression or overwhelming sadness.  It hits me out of the blue. 

My brother came to visit on Sunday.  He lives in Florida, but is in Denver for work.  We sure had a nice visit.  Husband did well during the visit.  That was nice, seeing him.  After he left, I asked husband if he had enjoyed himself.  He smiled and nodded his head.

Still waiting on the Home Health Care.  It's been two weeks, don't know what's going on or why we have waited so long.   I sure could use the help.  Husband's legs are getting stiffer and dressing and bathing is becoming quite a feat.

Last week, husband could not get out of the tub.  I had to go to the office here and get one of the maintenance guys to lift him out of the tub.  I bought him a shower seat, but, he has refused to use it.  Since getting stuck in the tub, I told him that from now on, we were using the bath seat.  Now, each time I bathe him, using the shower seat, he is quiet, but, does not fight me on it anymore.

The days are getting shorter, the nights longer.  The holidays are upon us.

I am dealing as best I can.  What other choice do I have?



No comments:

Post a Comment