Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fresh Start?

The last few days have almost felt normal. It's been good. Jack has seemed more open to me and I like that.

When Leon spoke with Jack, he told him that he was so sorry he got this disease, that he was so sorry he would not see him grow up. He also told him that he was worried he would not know Jack, that he loves him now and always, that his mind may be gone, but to always remember how much he loves him.

Ok, enough of that, makes me want to cry and I don't want to.

My son Tyler proposed to his long time girlfriend here on Sunday night. Her family "stopped by", but it was a surprise to her; of course we knew ahead of time. As soon as Tyler got down on one knee, she burst into tears. She is a lovely girl, I am looking forward to having her in our family. Of course she's lovely, who could go wrong with a name like hers? It's Susie!!!!!

I am learning there's always hope in our futures. It may not be what we expect, but, after all is said and done, the hope comes creeping in and gives me purpose to see ahead. As I look out, I see that ugly word, "Dementia" smack dab in front of me. But, I am learning to look further, behind that ugly thing to see what's after that. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment