Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

News from my life

I took my daughter, Kristen, to get her Driver's License (her first, I know, I know, 'bout time) yesterday. Of course, nothing goes smooth in my life. As the examiner was doing a vehicle inspection on my car, one of the brake lights was out. Wouldn't do the test until I fixed it. Now, I know nothing about fixing that and Leon? Um, as I said, I know nothing about fixing that. I called the Dealership, they said to bring it on in. So, off we went. Luckily, they like me down there and fixed it, (was just a bulb), as I went to pay, thinking, "great, how much are they gonna charge me for labor", they said, "no charge, go take that girl for her driver's test". I was so relieved. Most of you are thinking, gee, Sue, it was just a bulb, but it's the little things folks, ok? Kristen passed with flying colors. The only thing they said was that she drove a little too fast, wonder where she got that from?

Of course, I had to take Leon with me. That was fun. He kept asking me how they run the DMV, why is it taking so long, why are other people there, what if she got in an accident while taking the test, is she going to buy a car today, how am I going to pay for fixing the brake light, these chairs are uncomfortable, my back hurts, my legs hurt, it's hot outside, Bessie (our dog) is probably wondering where we are at, what day is it, what time is it, I'm hungry. Get it? Fun.

Jack has had testing all week. It was only for the 11th grades. They want to see if they are going to graduate next year. Jack told me he had his Physics test. They had 90 minutes to do it and he finished it in 25 minutes. Must be nice. It would take me 90 minutes to figure out just what the hell Physics is!!

I am ok. My back seems to have let up some. Still hurts, but not as bad as last week. I have good minutes and bad minutes. Like I have said before, you never know what's going to happen. It's good, it's bad, it's good, it's bad, it's good, it's bad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. So far, it's ok. Leon woke up early, ugh, but didn't seem too off.

I would love to get a Yoga DVD. Something for me only for early in the morning. I think it would help. My only problem is, if Leon wakes up early, well, he would want to watch me and ask questions all during the exercise. I have thought about walking early in the morning, but he would want to go with me or call me asking me where I was. In my life, there is no escape.

When Leon is sleeping and I have had a particular bad day with him, I look at him and think, "there is no escape for him either". And my heart hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment