Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, April 11, 2011

New Week

Things are OK here, for now. We had a good weekend. I'm thankful for that. Uneventful and.....kind of boring. I'll take boring. I like boring. It's a good reprieve from the unexpected that I usually live with.

We had a few episodes of that "dark place" we go to, but was able to recover and go on. It was OK.

My brother in law, Omar, called me last night. We had a good talk, was good to talk to him. He wanted to talk with Leon and luckily, Leon was in the living room, so talk they did. Watching Leon talk on the phone was interesting. He had that blank stare, was looking all over the room as Omar was talking, smiling, would comment with a, "uh huh", or talk about random things, all the while with that blank look. It reminded me of talking to someone who was speaking a different language. You have no idea what they are saying, but, to be polite, you "act" like you understand. When we got off the phone, I asked him what they talked about and he said, "I don't know".

Funny. My life is just that. Not funny in a side splitting kind of funny, just...funny.

Leon spends his days in bed now. Not really in bed, but on the bed. Comes out to get water or a bite to eat, and back to the room. It's hard on him trying to walk without holding on to walls and furniture. So, it's easier on him to stay down. He doesn't eat much either.

So, onto a new week. Let the fun begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment