Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, April 4, 2011

Been awhile..................

No, I haven't left the country for some long awaited vacation to the South of France, nor have I been arrested or kidnapped. Life is just happening and I just did not have time to actually sit and post.

Leon's cough seems to have gotten better, although still coughing. Appetite is just not there, but I've noticed his appetite declining over the past few months. He has lost more weight and pants hang on him. He has been, how do I say it, quite difficult this past week. If I could've, I would've given him a good spanking and sent him for a time out for about, uh, maybe a week? He is exhausting. I know he can't help it, but I can only take so much before I blow a fuse. He has been pouting alot and saying some really not sonice things to us. We do ignore it, but sometimes it just gets to me. And it's only going to get worse.

We did get out the walker. I adjusted it to his height and what a difference in his walking. He used it once when we went out. It's sitting in the same place he parked it last Wednesday. He is so stubborn. Guess it's going to take him falling and hurting himself to make him understand that the cane he is using is not heling at all anymore.

I have been spring cleaning. Cleaned out my dresser and master bedroom closet. I have given, to date, 9 bags to goodwill. And my closet is still full of clothes. Ugh. I got rid of all my work clothes, shoes and jackets. I kept a few, for special occassions, but the rest somebody else can use. Feels good to "shed".

Today is laundry day. It has warmed up enough for me to start using the clothes line again. Not hot, but with the wind they will dry on the line. Saves on my electricity bill and the smell, oh, that smell. Nothing better.

So, for this week, all I can hope for is a good week. I hope Leon will be more reasonable, but, who am I fooling? It's only getting worse. I am finding myself struggling with all of this, I need the strength to take care of him and I need to find it again. My back has been aching and know that it is the stress I am under. I just want it to go away, all of it. In cleaning out my closet, I seem to have lost my "big girl pants". Need to find them again and put them on so I can deal with this disease called Dementia.

No comments:

Post a Comment