Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Catch up

Been awhile. Not had much to say. Seems like every day is the same. Husband continues to decline, I prety much do the same thing, everyday.

My Jack has joined the Air Force!!! Yep, he did it. Tish & the kids are still here visiting, then on Tuesday, her hubby, Jace flew in. He had been spending alot of time with them, and, told them of his plans. Jace, being the Army man that he is, took control and so far, Jack has taken the pre-test for the ASVAB (?), scored very high, higher than the average young man. Tomorrow he takes the real deal. I am so proud of him. At first, I was hurt that he didn't come to me first, but when Tish told me the reason, it broke my heart. He said he didn't want to tell me because he was afraid I would be upset about him leaving me all alone. On one hand, I am thrilled beyond belief, on the other hand, yes, that will leave me totally alone, no husband, no kids. Done, Finished. But, when you know this is the best thing for him, well, how can I not be happy for him?

The Air Force is the hardest branches of the Military to get into. I know he will pass the ASVAB tomorrow. Then, it's on to all the other stuff like, physical. He will do fine. During this coming school year, he will have monthly commands he will need to go to. Technically, once he passes everything, he will be in the Air Force, even being under the age of 18. I will have to sign for him to get in.

Wow, so many changes, so sudden, so soon. Alls well that ends well.

On the Dementia side, guess no news is good news. He continues to decline. Jack and I see it more and more each day. Walking is becoming more stiff, more labored. Memory is poor to say the least. I went to my old boss's house for lunch yesterday. We had the best time. It felt so good to get away from the house even if it was for only a few hours. I told her I don't miss working, but I miss working for their company. We have a great friendship, love her twins, it was just all around a great time. I really need those "get aways" often. It makes it more bearable when I came home to reality.

So, today is just another regular day. Husband will follow me everywhere, I will do housework, start dinner in the slow cooker, and tell him 148 times what day it is, what we are having for dinner, remind him to wear shorts, it's summer, answer questions like I'm a weatherman and assure him he's fine. And we are off............................

No comments:

Post a Comment