Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, July 15, 2011

Right before we left for Colorado, I took husband to get him some sandals. I have to be careful in buying him shoes, he needs support in his walking, so I just can't go buy him any shoes. They have to have alot of support. Not only is it difficult to find the right shoe, it's also expensive.

So, off we went. Now, husband has difficulty in making decisions, it's very hard for him to concentrate on one pair, let alone deciding between two pairs of shoes. I found two really good supporting sandals. Asked him to choose which one he liked better, after all, it's his feet. I could see the struggle in his face. Finally, he chose the pair I thought would best aid him.

Now, we come to this. Since buying him sandals, he wears shorts. Yesterday, I noticed just how skinny his legs have gotten. Then, as I was looking at his legs, I looked up at him sitting in his chair. He has become rather thin. His T shirt was hanging off his shoulders.

He does eat, but not as much as he used to. That man could put away some food. Not so anymore.

I know it's the disease, I knew this was coming. But when did all this weight loss happen? It seems to me like it happened overnight. One day he was at an OK weight, had lost weight, but was not skinny, next time I looked, his clothes are hanging off him.

It's happening. It really is. He is dying. I now can see it in his eyes. His eyes are beginning to sink into his head. His head even looks smaller. It's really happening, isn't it? Oh God.

No comments:

Post a Comment