Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Loss and a Goodbye

Where to begin. Um, let's see. This week has been OK, for the most part, aside from a few episodes, husband has seemed OK. On Wednesday, husband slept from 4 PM until 8 AM, thursday morning. I did get a little concerned, because it was a very deep sleep. He woke up and seemed very confused, could barely get out of bed. He was very quiet yesterday, just wanted to lay down and watch TV. He dozed off and on. By the time I went to bed, he was still awake, but slept the whole night. No sudden jerks, no halucinations last night. Need to be thankful for these kind of nights. If he sleeps good, I sleep good. If he doesn't, well, you know, I don't.

His walking is not so good. Jack and I both have noticed it just in the last few days. I know soon, he won't be able to walk at all. When you are first hit with a diagnosis such as this, you know that the "on down the road, he will no longer be able to walk" kind of thing, but when it actually happens, it kind of takes me by surprise. Even with his loss of memory, it still affects me when he has a lapse of memory, which is all the time now, by the way. I have to constantly remind him of things, people and events. His mind can no longer hold any kind of memory.

My daughter, Marie is moving to Texas tomorrow. Her Aunt, Uncle and her own Father drove from Texas yesterday to pack up the moving truck. I am happy for her, but, at the same time, will miss her, because, well, I love her....alot. I will miss her funny, funny outlook on life (alot like me in that respect), I will miss meeting her at Wal-Mart. This girl has been a Wal-Mart shopper for about 10 years. She loves Wal-Mart. I, on the other hand, detest Wal-Mart, not the prices, the people. But, my Marie has been going to the same Super Wal-Mart, and knows where EVERYTHING is in that store. She also knows when new people start working there. Will go as far as commenting to them, "Your're new here aren't you?" How funny. Anyway, off she goes to Texas, where she and her hubby have jobs waiting for them. They have already rented a home, a big, beautiful, 4 bedroom house, with washer/dryer, big backyard for the babies, it will be good for them. No more lugging clothes to the Laundromat, no more apartment living. But, those babies? Don't even want to think about it.

Tonight, I am having a big BBQ for her, hubby and the babies.

So, as tomorrow dawns, my Marie will be starting a new life and my husband will continue to loose his.

No comments:

Post a Comment