Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Too much time on my hands and too much money

The last few days have been rather boring. No news to report. Nothin'.

Oh wait, I do have some news. The day before we left for Colorado, I got a letter from the State of New Mexico. In it, they said that husband has been denied Medicaid. Surprise, surprise. I just chuckled, threw the letter in the trash and continued packing for our trip. The reason for the denial? We have TOO much money to live on. There was an 800 number on the letter. I wanted to call them and ask them just exactly where was all this extra money, I could certainly use it. They must know something I don't, so please tell me where it is. Oh well. Whatever. So much for the state, so much for The Land of Enchantment, as they like to say.

Where do I go from here? Don't know. After looking in Colorado, as much as I'd like to live there, I don't know. I'm going to just take a breather, let time happen, cause it will, you know. See where we go.

With this denial, we cannot follow Dr Q. We have to continue going to UNM Neurological Clinic. That's not bad, they are a great team, but, Dr Q was special. Need to make an appointment with one of the other Neurologists. We saw 4 other Dr's there, and liked all of them. Who knows? I sure don't.

This week I feel myself floundering. Feel like a fish out of water. I feel lost, have nothing to look forward to. I hate being in this state. Seems like everything is in limbo. Just hanging.

Next Tuesday, I am meeting my old boss for lunch. We have stayed in contact since I left last September. She is one great lady. Sometimes I wish the girl who replaced me would leave, then I could have my old job back. I loved working there. But, then I would have to take husband to Adult Day Care. Don't think he would go for that. At least I'd have more money to live on. Wishful thinking on my part. The girl who replaced me loves her job, but, Crystal told me she misses me more than anything. Looking forward to our lunch, she is so much fun to be around.

So, there you have it folks. Much ado about nothing. Today will be busy, need to start looking for all that money the state says I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment