Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Duct tape for me?

Another quiet day yesterday.  I spent the day doing my usual housework, laundry and grocery shopping.  Husband sat on the couch for a long while.  He never does that.  He is always on the bed.  He asked me several times when we are leaving for San Antonio.  I had to tell him that it was Saturday and we were leaving on Wednesday.  When I thought that would suffice, he then proceeded to ask me what the date was and what the date was when we were leaving.

I got our reservations for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel yesterday too.  At first, this guy told me that if there were other people on the shuttle, and, because husband is in a wheelchair, we might have to wait at the airport for him to take other people to their hotels, then, come back and get us.  That didn't sit too well with me, after all, I was making a reservation.  Once I spoke my mind, he must have realized how stupid he sounded, then said that because I was the first one to make a reservation for Wednesday, then, we would be first for pick up and drop off.  Glad you see it my way mister.

I went on Google Earth to see where our Hotel is in reference to Lackland AFB.  Man, it's right down the street from us.  About a mile.  

I was reading the Schedule of Events for the ceremonies, and, it looks like we will have plenty of free time with Jack.  Thurs and Fri, at around 1:00 PM, he will be released to spend the rest of the day with us.  He will have to be back on base by 8:00 PM.  Saturday is totally free with us.  Sunday, we won't be able to see him as we fly back out at 11:55 AM.  He leaves for Sheppard AFB on Monday, the 12th.  That's where his Technical School is.  I think he'll be there for 12 - 16 weeks.

Today I plan on packing some stuff.  Been checking the weather there, not cold, but, not hot either.  Some rain in the forecast.  Of course, I opened my big mouth again and was telling husband what I was going to pack, and, of course, he started to argue with me about his clothes.  When, oh when am I ever going to learn I cannot reason with someone afflicted with Alzheimer's?  You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now, but, no.  I agreed with whatever he said, (I don't even know what he said.  I tuned him out) and will just pack the clothes and tape my big mouth shut.

That's a feat in itself.

Keeping my big mouth shut, that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment