Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Marching on.......

This disease is absolutely crazy. After a very "normal" day, Leon went into one of the worst spells I have ever witnessed.

I had mentioned that one day I would like to get a gel foam mattress topper for our bed. It was like a trigger of some sort for him and he went into mumbling, semi-hallucinations and complete confusion as to where he was. When he came out of it, he was tired and seemed so quiet. It's like that. These "spells" are becoming more frequent and soon, too soon, this will be all I know of him.

Funny, though, this one did not scare me. God is keeping me strong. I am more aware of myself and let everything happen as it will. I don't shake my fist at God and ask why, why me, why him, why us. It is what it is.

We saw his dad yesterday. After seeing Leon walk and try to talk, his dad had tears in his eyes and gave me the biggest hug. It felt so good, coming from him and reaching out the way he did. He loves Leon, but, because he has gone through this with Leon's mother, it's like he was letting me know that I'm not alone in this. Just felt, well, comforting.

So, today is another day, just another day, but I thankful for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment