Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I have never been a person who expects flowers, candy, jewelery or a romantic dinner on Valentine's Day. It's a nice gesture this Valentine's Day thing and a nice thought whoever thought this one up. However, I just was not one of those people who got so into it.

What would I want for Valentine's Day this year?

A future where Leon and I would see Jack grow up, go to college, become a successfull film maker, maybe marry and be proud of the man I know he will be one day. Get a small house up in the Jemez Mountains, go fishing in the streams, chop firewood for those cold snowy days, sit on our porch enjoying the summer evenings up in the mountains, look forward to the kids coming up for the weekends and teasing each other about how old we are gettin'.

And that is where it all ends. There will be no future for us, this is our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment