Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh what a day

Today has not been good. Went to the pharmacy to pick up the "special" drink for Leon to drink before his colonoscopy. After waiting for 1 1/2 hours, my number came up. To make a long story short, the nurse at the hospital never called in the prescription. Now, folks, this is the University Hospital of New Mexico and they treat ANYONE, so you can imagine the amount of people waiting there. It's a zoo.

After talking with the pharmacist herself, I called the hospital, got ahold of the proper department and asked them why they never called it in. Of course there was every excuse in the book. I told them they had 30 minutes to get that order called, otherwise I would be calling back. Thirty minutes later, I went to one of the windows and sure enough, it had not been called in.

Took my cell phone outside, (there were children in the big waiting room) and called again, this time asking for a supervisor. I was told that they had called it in "10 minutes ago", then after insisting I still wanted to speak to a supervisor, I was told by another nurse that it was called in "at least 45 minutes ago". Yea, ok.

Went back in the pharmacy and was told it had just been called in and there would be a 2 hour wait. Lovely.

By this time, Leon was getting disorientated and hungry. So, off to lunch we went. I do not like to eat out and with Leon being on a limited diet until this procedure is over, well, hard to choose from a menu. Lunch was decent and as I was pulling out to go back to the zoo that is the pharmacy, I backed into a telephone pole, damaging my car. My day would make even the most coldest heart cry, which I did all the way back to the pharmacy. My lovely car now has a busted back light and a dent on the rear passenger side. And as I drove, I was telling Leon that I was going to make those nurses at the hospital pay for the damage. Then I looked over at him and he was off somewhere in la la land. And it hit me how stupid that sounded. And he didn't even understand what I was saying anyway. Jeez, couldn't even rant with Leon anymore.

Oy vey, mi vida loca. When I got home, my beloved dog Bessie was so happy to see me so I told her all about my bad day. When I looked into her eyes, it was like she understood everything I said and just leaned against me like a hug. God, I love that dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment