Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Conversations with Jack

Yesterday afternoon, I had the best conversation with my son. We discussed school, his desires, his goals and what are we going to do when his Dad is no longer here.

I let him know that I would like us to stay together as we will need each other. He agreed. It felt good to get that off my chest. I asked him if this conversation bothered him, but, he said no, it had to be done.


We are thinking seriously about moving to Denver when this is all over. Justin & Anne are there now, two of my neices are there also. Denver is more expensive that Albuquerque, but it will give Jack more of an opportunity to continue on with his schooling.

I went to my grandson's baseball game yesterday and all I could think of was movng to Denver. Could I really do it? Could we afford this? Would I miss Albuquerque? Time will tell, but, for now, we would like to go to Denver.

I have many memories here, some good, some bad. It will just not seem like home anymore, once Leon is gone. No reason to stay.

Leon will be 46 tomorrow. We don't know how much time he has left. His grandfather, 2 uncles and his own Mother all died by their 47th year. The Doctors said a year ago that he has 1-2 years. I have been playing those numbers in my head. Doing the math. What a lousy way to live.

I have made a vow to make this, his last year, the best. Please think of us, tomorrow and every day thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment