Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, May 27, 2011

Medicaid Update

Well, let me just say one thing. In my life, I don't know why I was so surprised by events yesterday. I have to fight harder than the average person, and, yesterday proved once again that the fight is still on.

I arrived at my appointment 15 minutes early. The girl at the desk told me the Medicaid Rep was not in yet, to have a seat, he would be there shortly. After waiting 30 minutes, the front desk person called him, left him a message. When that didn't work, she called his supervisor, explained that he had a client waiting in the Taylor Ranch office. After 1 hour (yes, 1 solid hour), he finally called back and said he was not coming into the Taylor Ranch office until next week.

The front desk girl apologized for him, and I made another appointment for next Thursday.

I have made up my mind that on Tuesday, I am going to the main office, up in the North East Heights. I am arriving before they open their doors, and will sit and wait (and, probably fight) until someone sees me and apoproves Leon for Medicaid. And my appointment for next week? Why, I am not going to cancel. I will let this so called representative come all the way to Taylor Ranch (where I live), and sit and wait for a client to show up. When that client doesn't show up, I certainly hope he will call me, to remind me of my appointment. And then, I will explain to him that this was an important appointment to me, one that involves End of Life decisions, that he so easily dismissed. My plan is to make him feel like a heel.

So, here we are, no Medicaid for Leon, I am no closer to getting it for him than I was yesterday. I had made this appointment weeks ago. But, the fight in me somehow finds it's way out, and I continue on. I get so tired of all of this, but somehow, someway, the strength comes out and I eventually win out. But, why? Why do I have to fight for everything?

If it is the expense they (the state) is worried about, I will tell them that it won't be that expensive. He only has maybe another year to live anyway. Then he will be gone, they can wash their hands of him, issue Medicaid to a young Mother wo has a kid every 18 months, doesn't work, doesn't know who the Father of her baby is, gets State Aid to pay her rent, gets Food Stamps to buy food, gets WIC to buy formula for her newest baby and gets Cash Aid to support her. Who cares if my husband has worked for over 30 years, paid taxes to help those in need, never asked the state for anything? Who really cares?

Oh, if only I was running this state.

No comments:

Post a Comment