Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week Re-cap

This past week has been exhausting. From utter sadness to complete frustration. Of course, Leon saw none of this. Even if he did, he probably forgot it the next minute or two.

The last few weeks have been the most "normal" in a long time. However, as predicted, the monster came back, this time though, was the most powerful I have ever seen it's destruction.

He has been so lost this week. One morning, while doing the breakfast dishes, the phone rang. It's in the living room. He came shuffling into the kitchen and said, (in a panic) "the phone's ringing, the phone's ringing". I told him to answer it and he said, "I don't know how, but it's ringing". Another day I must've told him at least 74 times that the 3rd of May was Tuesday. On Thursday, Jack had a Guitar Recital. Sitting in the auditorium was like bringing a 2 yr old. He was constantly moving, complaining, trying to stretch his legs, and became obsessed that Jack didn't know where we were. As soon as Jack was done, we left. He told me that he doesn't know why (?), but his legs are getting very stiff. He will not use the walker, but thinks his cane is helping him walk. Uh, no, but if I suggest using the walker, well, I'd rather eat nails. It's that bad.

Yesterday was my Marie's birthday. I made some fabulous Beef Stew, loaded with veggies, all organic everything. Marie's boy, Sean, had to go potty, but the front bathroom was occupied. So, he went to the master bathroom. Leon started to get up, upset he was using our bathroom. In front of everyone, I said, "will you please sit down. It's going to be OK. Sean is just going potty". He was so mad that little Sean Boy was using our bathroom. He just sat there and stared down the hallway. When he saw Sean come down the hallway, he went to get up to, and I know this, check to make sure he didn't destroy anything in the bathroom. That made me mad. Once again, I told him to calm down, sit down and enjoy the party. This is Marie's special day.

So, here's to you Dementia, you have done a great job in destroying my husband; totally, utterly and completely. If there ever was an award for this, I'm sure you would get a plaque that said, "Job Well Done". And I would say, "F You".

No comments:

Post a Comment