Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bring It On

This rather "normal" period we were having has come to an end. Husband started to decline on Thursday. Makes me sad. Husband has been so lost. By yesterday morning, he didn't know if he was coming or going.

I had to run errands yesterday morning. Bank, Pharmacy, WalMart, Petco and Costco. All just for a few things at each store. Said I would be gone for a few hours. I needed this time alone. He would only be able to make it through 1 store, so that would mean I'd have to leave him in the car while I did the rest of the shopping. I am not a shopper. I go in, get what I need and leave. But to leave him in the car is not good. So, I told him to stay home and I'd hurry. From 6:30 AM to 7:45 AM yesterday morning, I told him 5 times where I was going. By the time I took Jack to school, I was frustrated from repeating myself. I told him I'd be right back, eat breakfast, then leave around 9:00 AM.

When I pulled in the driveway after taking Jack, he came out of the house, trying to walk fast, almost falling in the process and got on the passenger side of the car. I rolled down the window, thinking something bad happened. I say, "what's wrong?" "Nothing", he says, "Where is all the stuff from Costco?" I take a deep breath, "Honey, I took Jack to school, remember? I'm not going until after 9." "But, you said you were going to Costco." Ugh. That's how my day yesterday started.

I mentioned earlier this week that the garbage disposal had plugged. I was still having issues all week. Got some Liquid Plumber. When I got home, I poured some down the drain. All the while, husband was telling me it wouldn't work. And silly me, I am trying to explain to him how it would work. Don't ever try this at home folks. It could be damaging to your mental health. After about 15 minutes, the clog was clear. He looks at the drain, all clear, picks up the container of Liquid Plumber and declares it a miracle. He then goes to Kristen, telling her all about this miracle stuff that healed the garbage disposal. She looked at me with such sadness, I looked at her sternly, giving her that look that said, "just go along with it." What an actress she is. She smiled and told him how wonderful that was. As she was helping me put away things, there were tears running down her face. It always affects the kids this way.

OK, bring it on. I am ready for it. I don't like it, but, here it is. Cherish what once was, deal with what I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment