Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weatherization

We are having the most beautiful weather. Warm during the day, very cool at night and early morning. Not a cloud in sight.

This weather reminds me of my life now. The cold is coming. The freeze is coming. The snow will arrive. The winds will take your breathe away.

But, for now, it's beautiful. A little reprieve for now. A little, but I'll take it.

I don't know when husband will go to that dark place again. Just like I don't know when the cold will hit. All I know is that it's coming.

Today, I will rejoice in what we have, or, what's left of us. My family has been broken by this disease. We don't say it, we live it. It has affected us in ways I didn't know possible. Some family members prefer to stay away, some grow closer to us.

They cannot recognize that husband is dying. They cannot accept he will no longer be with us. So, they stay away. It's their way of coping. They have to do what they think is best.

God showed me yesterday just how much He loves me. He showed me that I will have a life after husband. He showed me that life will be good. He showed me that I will be OK.

Not only in words, but, in this beautiful weather we are having. I like to think that He prescribed this weather for me and me only. He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment