Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, January 11, 2013

Giving thanks?

Yesterday was a busy one.  Signing the lease for the apartment took quite awhile.  I teased the girls in the office that one would think I was buying the place.  Boy, there was a lot to cover.  I left husband at home, (I know, I know) so I could do this without interruption.  Marie came with me.

Once we got done, off we went to unload the car.  Came back to the house for another load and to pick up husband.  He was fine.  We loaded the car again and off we went.  Once we were on the freeway, husband became very confused, asking me to go back to get his bed.  "I have to have my bed," he kept saying.  I softly explained to him that it was Thursday and we would move the bed Saturday, in two days.  It took him awhile to get it.  

He likes the apartment.  I like the apartment.  They put in new carpeting.  The only thing I don't like is the stove.  It's old and the girl in the office apologized for it, saying she thought they had put a new one in.  Said to try it out,  if it didn't work they would give me a new one.  Well, it doesn't work very well at all.  So, they are replacing it today.

It was bitter cold and the ducks were in the pond.  Under the water feature.  Husband kept joking he was going duck hunting.  Let's hope he doesn't actually do it.  Have to keep my eye on him.

Husband is not handling this move well at all.  He's been a handful.  If I just keep my head about things, all should go well.

Oh, and just to keep things interesting, our weather is turning bad today.  Wind and blowing snow is predicted for tomorrow, moving day.

Gee, thanks.  A lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment