Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Total destruction

I did not have a good day yesterday.  Husband did not have a good day.

You know, Alzheimer's has a way of destroying everything.  It robs futures, it robs hopes, it robs dreams, it robs families.

It robs a once vibrant, strong, hard working man of his very life.  Not only that, but, it also robs husband of his dignity.

I had to do something yesterday that no wife should ever have to do.  No one before me, nor anyone after me.

I put my once big, strong and full of life husband in diapers last night.


3 comments:

  1. I am so. sorry. There are no words, are there?

    ((HUGS)) dear one.

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very very sorry. This is beyond sad. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Sunney Sue - I had to do the same for my mom. It's just plain awful! Even in her advanced stage of cancer, it was hard for her to accept. Is it the same for your husband?

    It really helped when my mom got a catheter. I am not sure that is an option for you, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

    Losing your dignity must be one of the hardest, and most painful things in the entire world. At least we were/are able to make that loss of dignity a little easier to swallow.

    My heart goes out to you.

    Sincerely,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete