Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love & Hate

Husband was pretty quiet yesterday.  I spent the better part of the morning doing housework and laundry.  I checked the laundry room around 8 am, no one was there, so, I got my laundry done in less than 2 hours.  There are several laundry rooms here and each one has 2 washers and 2 dryers.  They are very nice and what I like is the dryers don't wrinkle your clothes.  I use both washers and dryers, getting my laundry done in half the time.

The apartment is small.  I tidy up each day, so, when Saturday comes, not much to do but vacuum, dust if needed, sterilize bathroom, change sheets on bed and am done before noon.  A far cry from the bigger houses I've lived in.  I like this small apartment living.

Husband sat in his scooter chair as I cleaned.  He was in and out.  Not agitated, but, still seemed a little confused.  When I was done, I got him back on the bed where he rested the rest of the day.  He slept some, watched some TV, but, for the most part, he was quiet.

He slept good last night.  I woke up once to find him in the bathroom.  No delusions, just had to go to the bathroom.

This morning is bath day.  He has come to really enjoy his bath.  Always tells me how good it feels and how good he smells afterwards.  I powder him with Shower to Shower body powder.  I put his deodorant on him as well.  This morning, I'm going to try to master shaving him.  He usually does it himself, but, it's not done very well.  He misses big areas and it looks odd.  So, another thing for me to learn.  We'll see how that goes.

I wish we could go to church.  I miss it, but, with husband's condition now and as much as he has declined, I'm afraid it might be too much on him.  We will stay home and have a quiet Sunday.

Right now, the roller coaster has come to a stop.  Oh, the monster will rear it's ugly head again for sure.  I don't know when, but, I'll take this little reprieve.  I need it to re-group.

I take it one hour at a time.  It's all  have.  I have a love / hate relationship with Alzheimer's.  When it's good, it's great.  When it's bad, well, it's bad.  Ugly in fact.

I feel as if I'm walking on thin ice.  It's so fragile.  One wrong step and it cracks.  Disaster.

Yes, this is what its like to live in my house, on any given day.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment