Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Terminal Laptop!

Have had trouble with my laptop.  It seems the charger connection is loose and I have to push hard to get it to connect and charge.  I need a new laptop.  Help.  I need a fairy god mother to buy me a new laptop.

Husband has been so so.  More and more delusional behavior.  Mostly small episodes.  Memory is almost completely gone.  During his delusional state, he does not recognize me.  I have found that by remaining calm, talking to him softly helps bring him out of it.  These episodes can last up to an hour or as short as a few minutes.

This delusional behavior scared me a lot at first.  But, having found what works and what doesn't, it's getting easier for me to deal with.

I got him into bed Monday night.  About 20 minutes later, he was out of bed, making the bed.  I told him it was night time, time to get into the bed.  He was in a delusional state.  For about an hour and a half, I would get him back to bed only to have him get up and make the bed.  Finally, I got firm with him and told him if he did it again, I was going to get angry.  That seemed to do the trick.  He got into bed and did not get up again.  Strange and weird all at the same time.

I did not call my mother on Sunday like I usually do.  I just didn't feel like talking to anyone.  She called me Monday, said she was worried, hoping nothing was wrong.  I told her everything was wrong, but, I did not feel like talking.  She said she understood.  I don't want my mother to worry about me.  So, this Sunday, I will call her, to ease her mind.  Even if I don't feel like talking.  Gonna have to fake it.

The days seem to blend into another.  Every day seems the same, yet, different.  I never know what side of the rainbow I'm on.  It can be pleasant one minute, then, on the flip of a coin, it can turn crazy.

Just another day in my life.  And now, with this laptop issue.

Makes me chuckle a bit.  Here is my husband dying before my very eyes and I'm upset about my laptop.

My husband is terminal and so is my laptop.

Crazy.    


No comments:

Post a Comment