Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

Have to get this post up fast as my battery is about to go out on my laptop and with the charger not making a connection, well, it could get ugly around here.

I woke up around 5 am to find husband sitting on the side of the bed.  Just looking around.  He was confused, but, didn't talk.  He finally got back on the bed and is now asleep.  Of course, once I saw that, I knew I was not going back to sleep.  So, here I am.

Husband had a rough day yesterday.  He couldn't find an item he had put in a different location.  He was so agitated about that.  I tried to help.  He got very angry at me for helping.  I left him to himself and started his breakfast.  He finally came out and announced he had found what he was looking for.  It was as I said.  He had put it in a different spot and couldn't remember where that was. Heck,  I've done that!!

The rest of the day was quiet.  I went to Trader Joe's to get more coffee.  I got out of the house for about 20 minutes.  Whoo Hoo.  Big outing for me.

Today is Valentine's Day.  Happy Valentine's Day to all who celebrate.  It's also two of my nephew's birthdays.

In this house, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  Not a big deal to me.  Some of the kids will call and wish me a happy day.

Husband used to get me special gifts on this day.  They were always lovely and thoughtful gifts.  This morning I thought back to those years with a good feeling.  I have the memories of earlier days.  Before Alzheimer's.

Yes.  Memories.

Can't take that away.

Wishing you all a great day.  I hope you will feel loved and special today.

No comments:

Post a Comment