Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, March 18, 2013

Family Time

Sorry for the lack in posts.  I had family in all last week, Tish & Jace came, plus, this laptop is really giving out.  I need to take it in and have it fixed.  Lack of funds prevents me from doing so.  So, I'll make this post quick.  Oh yes, Jack flew home on leave last Tuesday!!

Husband is not doing well at all.  Memory issues abound.  Early morning and night time are the worse.  During the day is so so.  Tish got to see first hand what my day to day living is like now.  It's not easy, nor, is it fun.  Her heart broke when she saw husband.  She just went to him and gave him a big hug.

We had two family get dinners this past week as well.  Husband enjoyed them both.  It was so nice to get out and laugh.  Oh, the family stories we told.  Yes, that made my heart happy.

Father in law got Jack aside and told him his dad is not doing well.  I had warned Jack before he came home.  For father in law to actually realize this, and to actually say it out loud, well, you know it's got to be bad.  Father in law told me he was going to step in a be a dad figure now that our dad is basically gone now.  That made me cry.

For my father in law to come as far as he has come is hard on him.  That is his only son, his only child.  I see his heart breaking, I see the pain in his eyes.  He is so gentle with husband.  Talks to him softly, helps him to a chair.

Yes, my Jack is home until April 6th.  He leaves that day and flies to Germany where he will be for 2 years.  My has that boy grown.  So proud of him.

Yes, it was a very nice week, with the exception of husband, I couldn't of asked for a better week.  My heart is full.

2 comments:

  1. Sunnysue! I'm so glad to see this post. I've been wondering how you're doing. So glad for this lovely time with family; it is golden, isn't it? ((hugs)) to you, and thanks for the update.

    Johanna

    PS - somehow I thought the computer had been fixed. Does it need a new battery or something bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see this post. A lump in my throat thinking of your father-in-law and his own personal pain; and, of course, your own pain as well. Praying.

    ReplyDelete