Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, March 3, 2013

I'm a Super Hero!

My husband thinks I am so smart.  He told me so yesterday.  He was excited when he told me this.  He actually chuckled as well.  Know what I did?

I changed his light bulb on his bedside lamp.  It had gone out.  Husband was fretting about it all morning.  As I was changing it, he kept saying, "It's broke.  It won't work."  I put the new one in and turned it on.  Oh, the look on his face.  Priceless.

Last night, he would sit up in bed, turn the light off and turn it back on.  Each time the light came back on, his face would light up.  He told me he was proud of me.

Alzheimer's patients are something, I'll tell ya.  They keep you on your toes.  You never know what side of the rainbow you're on, day in, day out.

They get excited at the smallest things.  Like changing a light bulb and it magically works again!

Yes, it was a good afternoon.

We are having what I call "fake" spring weather.  It was beautiful yesterday.  I coaxed husband outside in his scooter chair.  He loved it.  He spent about 2 hours outside.  As my neighbors would walk by, they would say "hi" to me, then look at husband as if to say, "who's that?"  I introduced him to our neighbors.  He would nod his head to them.

Been here almost 2 months.  He finally got to meet some of our neighbors.

I am still fighting this Home Health Care.  Seems a lot of organizations only go by state Medicaid, to which we don't have.  Husband is on Medicare.  I was told by one organization that they only charge $20 per hour, 3 hours a day, 3 days a week.  You do the math.

My next step is calling Medicare and have them do the work for me.  Let them find me a program that Medicare will cover.  Until then, I'll care for him myself.

Tomorrow, I take husband in for his Psychiatric Evaluation.  I wonder how that will turn out.  Stay tuned.

Jack graduates from Tech School tomorrow.  He said it's no big deal, not like Basic Training.  He is graduating with a B+ average.  Smart boy.  He is coming home on a 14 day leave sometime in the next few weeks.  Be good to have him home.

A good weekend.  I'm in a better place than I was earlier in the week.  God has given me renewed strength to keep marching on.  It's not easy.  Just when I thought all was lost and thinking I can't go on, He swept in and renewed my Faith and Strength.

And,  I thank Him.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment