Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, March 22, 2013

Pruning

Because I can no longer go to Church, I was looking on line for a Bible Study of sorts.  I found a daily bible study and devotional.  As I read it this morning, it talked about how God prunes us in times of sorrow, making way for an even greater outcome once we begin to blossom again.

How powerful is that?  I felt as if that was written for me only.  Who knows what I'll be like when husband is gone.  Is God pruning me for greater things?  Will I blossom and be a stronger person through all of this sorrow?  Only God knows, but, after reading that, well, it just made sense to me.

I can't wait to read tomorrow's passage.

Husband still holding steady.  No big changes to talk about.  He became a little depressed in the afternoon, slept some and woke up forgetting all about being depressed earlier.  It's like that.  He can be focused on something, goes to sleep, wakes up and forgets what he was focused on before.

Another perk of Alzheimer's.

Today is bath and shaving day.  He loves his baths.  He relaxes in the tub and while he is doing that, I make the bed and put fresh clean clothes out, along with a fresh diaper for him.  Once in awhile, he will ask me if I'm putting out clothes for "the man".  I tell him yes, but, not his clothes, "the man's" clothes.  He is satisfied with that answer.

After his bath, I will fix his breakfast, he eats and back to the bed to lay down.  His legs are not so stiff after a bath.  After about 5 minutes of being out of the tub, the stiffness comes back.  That's the hard part.  Trying to dress a grown man with stiff legs.  My back always hurts for a good while after dressing him.

Husband wants to go to Walmart and Best Buy today.  He wants to get a hand held GPS.  Why, I don't know.   I explained to him I don't have money for that, but, he says he wants to look anyway.  I will have to make up an excuse as to why we can't go today.

When the rough patches come today, I will imagine myself as a plant that is being cut down to it's roots.  It will hurt, this pruning, but, in the end, I will emerge stronger and better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment