Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Rolling with the punches

Laptop is cooperating again this morning.  The charging post on my laptop has become loose, making charging almost impossible.  Once the battery goes dead, well, good bye all connections.  It's quite costly to get it fixed.  Plus, the laptop is old, very slow and sluggish.  Almost time to retire the old gal.  But, I'm here this morning.

Husband had a quiet day yesterday.  He was very confused in the morning, came around a little during the day, and as soon as the sun went down, confusion set in again.  I believe he has a form of Sundowners.  I read that if you start turning on lights as soon as it starts to get dark it's helpful.  It does seem to help him.

The "man in the closet" is still here.  Husband has come to terms with it and is no longer afraid of "him".  In fact, he talks to him daily.  The other morning, he was standing at the closet telling "the man" that it was going to be alright.  I asked him why he said that and he said, "He's scared."

He is now "sharing" clothes with "the man".  When I get him dressed, he asks me what is "the man" wearing today?  I tell him "he" is wearing Levi's and a T-shirt.  Seems to satisfy him.

Yesterday morning, as husband was going into the bathroom, I heard him say, "Leave me alone."  He then asked me to tell "the man" to get out of the bathroom.  I did.  He liked that I "spoke" to "the man".

Who is this "man?"  I don't have any answers for that.  I believe husband is in a constant state of delusion now.  It's ever present and for me to have gotten used to it is something I could not have imagined.  It's just there all the time.

Ironic how one can get used to anything.  I'm living proof of that.

I'm rolling with the punches nowadays.  One day this will all come to an end.  Who knows?  I may miss "the man".

No comments:

Post a Comment