Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, May 2, 2013

And now for the Good News.

For a few years it has been my desire to leave Albuquerque.  When we came back here in late 2006, I made a vow to myself that this move back here was not forever.

Since husband became sick and the devastating diagnosis we received, I have reached out to all resources, with no positive feedback.  I have had doors slammed in my face.  I have had organizations tell me that this state only helps those who are on "the system".  I have been told that I should be happy we have any income at all.  I have been compared to families with healthy parents that don't work and they reap the benefits that taxpayers like husband and myself have paid into for many years.

I could go on and on.  Needless to say, it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Since last summer, Tish and Jace have been telling me they want husband and I to move with them when they get their new orders.  I, at first, did not want to move in with anyone, and told her so.  None of us knew where the move would take them.  We were in the dark for many months.

It has always been a desire of mine to live in Colorado.  Husband's as well.

We found out in the middle of January that they got Colorado Springs!  I haven't said anything because  I wanted to discuss this possible move with Dr A.  I also wanted to find our own place because since moving here to our apartment, I have found I can make it financially on my own.  Not a lot of extras, but, at least I can buy food now!

Dr A said it might be a good idea, with having a strong support system with Tish & Jace.  He also said that I would probably have more resources up there.  Dr A said he would look into Neurologists in the Denver area and get back with me.

I started contacting apartments in early April.  When we moved here, I got a 7 month lease, telling them that I may be leaving the state during the summer months.  I found a complex that appealed to me.  All during April, they kept telling me they had no availability in August.

I contacted other complexes, but, kept going back to this one.  Living here, if you are to move, you have to give a 60 day notice. My lease is up here August 8th.  I was getting nervous as I have to give my notice next month, but, had no new place waiting for us up in Colorado.

Frustrated yesterday morning, I called the one I was interested in.  As soon as the girl answered, she said, "Oh, yes, I am emailing you as we speak.  We just got a 1 bedroom 1 bath available August 15th.  Would that work for you?"

Well, what do you know.  She sent me the application and lease agreement.

After dinner and dishes last night, Dr A called.  He told me he had learned that one of his colleagues' is director at UC Denver in the Neurology Dept.  He spoke with this new Dr, told him about husband.  The new Dr is very interested in husband and assured Dr A he would take good care of this "very interesting case." 

I called this morning and we already have an appointment scheduled for September.

So, that's the good news.  You don't know what this means to me.  My desire to leave has been made possible.

The adjustment on husband may be hard, but, he is so very excited.  It's all he talks about.  He keeps telling me that he and Jace are going to hunt and fish.  Of course, we know that will not happen, but, to see him be excited again makes my heart happy.

I woke up this morning and had an odd sensation.  It took me awhile to recognize just what that was.  Then, it dawned on me.

It's called Hope.


4 comments:

  1. I. am. so. happy. for. you!!!!!!!!!!!

    Colorado is awesome; the beauty of the Rockies is so good for the mind.

    Love this blessing for you,

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very happy for you too/two!!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow... :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete