Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tell us how you really feel?

Had an OK day yesterday.  Husband was in and out of reality throughout the day.  One minute he'd be with it, the next, well, he would want to talk to me about finances (to which he knows nothing anymore) and would get mad when I would tell him I don't talk money with him.  On and one the day went.

By evening, he was pouting in the bedroom.  I did my normal stuff and ignored him.  That seemed to work, as he soon came out of it and was fine.  Until, that is, I got into bed, exhausted.  He started in again, wanting to know where all the money goes.  I very sternly told him I will not talk money to him and it is time to go to sleep, Goodnight!

I read somewhere that Alzheimer's patients do sometimes become obsessed about money.  Also, a little paranoia sets in, in regards to money.  They think that someone is taking all their money, as in my case, and all of a sudden they want to take control back and manage their own money.  Not so fast, husband.  Never gonna happen. 

No falls out of bed last night, no wandering the apartment either.  He did wake up once to go to the bathroom, but, thankfully, no hallucinations.  He's getting up now, so, I will soon find out what side of the rainbow we are on today.

All joking aside, he is not doing well.  I had him outside on the porch last night.  We had a beautiful rain storm, with thunder and lightening.  So refreshing.  When we came in, I noticed he had left the walker outside.  I asked him about it, he looked at me as if I were looney.  Needless to say, I brought it in for him.

Know what's interesting to watch?  Our light switches for the bathroom and kitchen are on the outside of these rooms.  Odd, I know, but I just got used to them being there. 

Husband, on the other hand,  will go in the bathroom, back out and I have to remind him each time where the switches are.  He will stare at them as if he's studying those blasted switches.  There are two switches.  One for the fan, one for the light.  There he stands, holding onto the wall and just looking at those switches like they are some foreign object.  Interesting to say the least.

As far as husband doing his closet thing, yes, I think it's to keep his mind busy.  He needs some stimulation, and he can control that aspect, so, we arrange and re-arrange the closet on a daily basis.  All day.  Every day.

Now that our new apartment is waiting for us in Colorado, I need to keep calm and try not to get so anxious.  We have 3 months to go.  Not long, but, long enough.  I can't wait to pay my rent for June and officially give them my 60 day notice.  I will also point out that, when husband was beside himself with "the man" in the closet, making 2 unscheduled trips to the Dr, with the Dr putting him on anti-psychotic drugs, they would not work with me in getting rid of the mirrored closet doors.  Just didn't want to be bothered.  Of course, I removed them, however, when rent time rolls around and I give notice, I will mention how dangerous those mirrored doors actually were to husband's mind.

Oh, yes, they will know just how I really feel.

Thank you for your prayers in obtaining our new apartment in the Springs.

Off to a new day.  I certainly hope it will be an OK day. 

The OK days are few and far between now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment