Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, March 18, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Had to make time for this post this morning. Having Tish and family all week has been wonderful, except for baby Alex getting sick. It's been rough on him and Tish (and Grandma). Thankfully, he is better. They leave on Sunday.

Neurologist changed Leon's appt from the 28th of this month to just this past Wednesday. Was not a good visit. Dr Quintana announced he is leaving UNM in June and will turn over Leon's care to another Dr we saw last year. He is a good Dr also and I liked him. He specializes in Dementia, so I feel comfortable in changing Dr's. I was told this was going to be his last visit, but Dr Quintana said no, he needs to be followed carefully. I'm ok with that.

I told the Dr that he sneaks and drives and the Dr told him he must not drive. His reflexes are very weak and he could cause severe injury to himself or others, but it did not register with Leon. He got very upset and started to cry. This is so hard on him, everything is being "taken" away from him and it's a blow to his manhood. Was a very somber and quiet drive home. He knows this disease is killing him and told me he wants to go to the church he attended as a child, was baptized and confirmed there. Folks, this is New Mexico, and the Catholic religion is strong here. Whether I believe in the Catholic religion or not, if that is what he wants to do, then so be it. So, we will go and see the Priest.

Just when it seems like things are goin on an even keel, wham, another blow. Then, I make the best of it and continue to go on. It's what I do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment