Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quiet!

This morning, Tish left to go back home. It was a great 9 day visit. I just miss her so much. She has grown into such a wonderful woman, fantastic mother and a comfort to me. Even though she calls me daily, it was so nice to actually see her. Now, my house is quiet and we go back to reality.

Having company, the noise, the confusion, the messes and the great family dinners all made it seem so normal. It just felt so right. Now that they're gone it all comes back to me. Now we are back to our new "normal". And I don't like it. I liked the other "normal".

Albuquerque weather put on it's best for Tish. It has been beautiful. We went to the zoo yesterday and you couldn't of asked for more perfect weather. It was just so nice. A few times yesterday I would pause and take it all in, storing it away somewhere, savoring in the wonderful day with my family at the zoo. Now, when we go to that dark place that is Dementia, I will have that memory in my head of yesterday.

But for now, today is today and we go on from here. It's just that there is gap and a longing for days gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment