Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Honeymoon

We are in what I call the "honeymoom" stage of this disease. It has been a "normal" week for Leon. Normal to the extent of what he can do at this stage. There has been no sudden decline, but, wait, it is coming.

I enjoy this time, but know that it comes to a screeching halt when suddenly, he will wake up and be blabbering about something even I cannot understand. It's coming, but you just don't know when. And now that I recognize it, I am prepared. I embrace what we have now and mourn for what we have already lost.

I have enjoyed my husband this week. We have laughed and joked around and aside from his inability to walk, it has been nice.

How I wish I could change what the future has in store for us. Throughout my adult life, with all of it's difficulties, I have always had a "Plan B".

I don't have a "Plan B" for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment