Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Have you ever....................

Have you ever thought about God, Angels and Heaven itself? I do, often. I've had a few experiences with a "what was that?" kind of thing, but have you really ever thought, "what was that?"

When I was deciding whether to quit my job and be at home to care for Leon, I struggled with it for about 2 months. I was scared out of my wits about it, scared we wouldn't be able to make it financially, whether I could actually be content to be at home, more than anything else, scared silly.

I talked about it alot and then one morning in August, I prayed. Prayed with all of my soul, a gut wrenching kind of prayer. I asked for quidance, clarity and peace of mind. As I prayed, I could feel something I couldn't put my finger on. As I was driving to work, I felt so depressed and my heart just wasn't into work that day. Later on, I had to run errands and was wanting an iced tea. Starbucks was swamped, so I went to the Shell Gas Station. As I walked in, I noticed they didn't have any fresh brewed iced tea, so I went to the refrigeration section. As I was looking at the assortment of bottled iced tea, there was a woman standing very close to me who kept trying to get my attention. What I felt at that moment was undescribable, it was just a feeling. I went to the soda fountain area and looked there, not knowing what I wanted and the woman followed me. Wanting to make conversation I said, "Dang, they don't have any fresh brewed iced tea". And then I looked at her. She was black, with nurses scrubs on and that face. I will never forget that face. It was glowing. It's like she never heard me, she smiled and said, "Jesus loves you so much, you know what you need to do". I felt like I was going to fall down. I looked at her and saw her face once again. It was the face of an Angel. I started shaking and crying and said, "thank you, thank you". She nodded and I left to go to pay for my drink. I was shaking so bad I could hardly pay for that drink. After I paid for my drink, I looked over at the soda counter and she was gone. I looked all over the store, no black lady. I was the only one in the store.

The next day I gave my notice. I have felt confident in my decision to leave work and be home. Yes, financially it's hard, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now, everytime I hit a rough spot financially, I think back to that day when I prayed with everything I had and the answer came to me in the form of a black lady with nurses scrubs on at a gas station.

No comments:

Post a Comment