Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Verb?

After searching for a verb that best describes me, I have come to the conclusion that the word Evolve made sense.

For the first time in my life, I am beginning to feel more comfortable in my own skin. I used to stress about what people thought of me, what I looked like, how I dressed, how I lived my life, how I raised my children, where I lived,. everything. Now, hell, I am beginning to embrace this life, embrace the challenges of a terminally ill husband, embrace what I look like, embrace where I live, embrace the fact that people have their opinion of me whether it be positive or negative, it's their opinion not mine, embrace the fact that I was blessed to have 7 children and embrace that I will be a woman who at 80+ years, have the opportunity to "sit in my rocker" (hopefully still watching Judge Judy, ha ha) and have my children & grandchildren learn from my experiences.

I am evolving into a woman who has lived a life, that's for sure, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am not rich moneywise, but I am rich in the life lessons I have learned and continue to learn, I have been able to birth 7 healthy babies, I have been able to obtain any job I desired, I overcame a traumatic birth, overcame being told I was an afterbirth, being fat, feeling like the lowest of the low, having a successul marriage and having the determination to do all of the above.

So, I'm evolving into a woman I always wanted to be. It took my husband getting basically a death sentence to come to all of this, but, no matter what, I am learning everyday what I can do. And do I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment