Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, September 21, 2012

Dogs? What dogs?

Oh, the perks of Alzheimer's.

Yesterday, out of sheer boredom and "I have to get out of this house", I thought it would be fun to look at Apartments, just for the heck of it.

Also, when we moved here, I thought I would have a job by now.  This house is big, 3 bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms.  Once winter hits, I will have to close off half of the house, to save on heating costs.  It's just so big.

Now, I would rather eat hot nails than move again, but, I have to survive somehow, someway.  But, the thought of saving money on rent is appealing to me as well.

So, I took a drive up to one of these Apartments.  They are very nice, but, I've also heard they go by your income.  And, yes, I took husband.

On the way, I told him to not say anything about having dogs.  That would come later.  If we liked the place, rent being reasonable, and if they were a pet friendly community, then we could mention the dogs.  He said he would not say anything.

Got in the office, I started talking to the girl, she offered to show us the grounds and a model unit.  A 1 bdrm, 1 bath unit.  The grounds were so pretty and welcoming.

As we stood up to view the property, husband says, "We have 2 dogs.  One big and one little."  She looked at husband, then glanced at me.  I had the sudden urge to spank husband right there in front of this girl.  Luckily, she smiled and said they were pet friendly and pets were welcome there.

We viewed the grounds and the model.  It is nice, the rent is a lot cheaper there, but, then they add in $25 per month, per pet and $38 per month for water, trash and sewer.  I'm not saving much there.

On the way home, I said, "I told you not to say anything about having dogs."  He looked at me as if I were the crazy one and said, "You never said that."

Next time, I shall go alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment