Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Well it looks like I have not fixed this issue after all. Please bear with me. The blog may look different as I have to post in "old school" HTML type. I am doing OK. Getting through each day. I wonder about Jack. A lot. I miss him. Husband is doing OK. He is confused most of the time. Which makes an interesting day for me. The questions he asks will sometimes throw me. We are going through a stage again where he will leave his walker in any given place. Drives. Me. Nuts. When I take it to him, he will look at it as if it's a foreign object. Using the wheel chair in the house is harder for him. Because he doesn't walk that much in the house, I let him use the walker. Sometimes, he forgets to use the walker, and when I remind him, he looks at me confused, then asks me where the walker is. Yesterday afternoon, as I was putting clean laundry away, the walker was left in the hallway (again). Being that I had a full load to put away, I just shrugged my shoulders, put the clean clothes on the walker and sped through the house!! His sleeping has been rough. Which makes my sleeping rough. I wake up tired. Still on the job search. Man, there's gotta be someone out there who will be interested in me. So frustrating. Our weather has turned very cool. Had to break out a pair of socks. I am loving the cooler weather, with yesterday being so pleasant. I love it when you can open your windows and doors without having air condition or heater. Aired the house out yesterday. Everything smelled so fresh and clean. Church this morning, then, whatever this afternoon. The kids have been calling almost daily. I am hoping I will hear from Jack today. That would be so nice. Well, there you have it. Not much I'm afraid. Plan on pounding the internet pavement, looking for a job, watch my husband wander the house and try to act normal. It may seem crazy to some, but, this is my life now. I didn't ask for this, never in a million years did I ever imagine this kind of life, but, it is what it is. Making the best of a bad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment