Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Planning

Jack called me yesterday morning.  That made my day.  Just to hear his voice.  He sounds good.  His voice sounded a little homesick, but, he is standing strong and will make it through basic training.

He told me all about their day.  He said several guys have left already and it's only been a week.  He has made a few friends, but, they keep them so busy, when it's lights out, he is pretty much done for the day.

I felt so much better the rest of the day.  One simple call that says, "Hi, Mom, it's Jack," can turn my otherwise dreary day into a wonderful day.

And, usually when I tell him, "I love you," he will mumble back.  Not so yesterday.  At the end of our conversation, he said, loud and clear, "I love you Mom."   Be still my heart.

Husband was happy about Jack's call.

I made husband a special dinner and he ate a lot last night.  He loves my enchiladas.  I make my chili from scratch which makes them extra good.  I was surprised at how much he ate.

Husband has not been sleeping well.  Talks a lot during the night, tosses and turns.  Gets up about 3-4 times during the night to go to the bathroom.

I think father in law is coming for him this morning.  I hope so.  I need a break.  He wants to go get firewood and said he'll get us some too.  That means, if he does come for husband, I get a whole day to myself.

If so, I can spend time by myself.  Time to reflect.  Time to plan my future.  Without a husband or children.  I know it's time.  I need to have some kind of plan.  I don't know where I'll end up, but, one thing I know for sure is, I always land on my feet!!  Somehow. Someway.  



No comments:

Post a Comment