Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A very long post.

I'm back.

My week back at my old job was, in one word, Wonderful.

As I was driving to work Monday, I was nervous.  I hadn't been there is almost 2 years.  Could I actually do the job that was expected of me?  I walked in, sat down at the desk and it all came back to me.

I was joking with one of my old bosses, telling him I hadn't used my brain in 2 years, bear with me.  He said, "I fully trust you.  That's why we asked you back."

By noon, on that first day, it felt like I had never left.  I soared through my first day, with one glitch.  Seems the girl who replaced me, (and I trained), went on vacation, leaving me with a big mess to clean up with one of our biggest contractors.  She didn't complete a progressive billing to him, emailed him with an outdated spreadsheet, then left.  It was up to me to find all invoices pertaining to this job, figure out what she did and didn't do.  All the while, this big time contractor was sitting at his desk in far away Arizona, waiting on me.  He didn't care if I had no knowledge of what was going on.  He wanted a complete breakdown of all invoices during the month of August.  I had to act as if I knew what I was doing.  He was not friendly, at first.  He was not pleased, at first.

Finally, at 5:45 PM, I completed this spreadsheet and emailed it along to him.  He called me personally to thank me, saying I had been so helpful to him.  Whew!!

Day two, Tuesday went as smooth as could be.  My other old boss came in that day and we had a nice talk about what had happened the day before.  I told her what the other girl did not do.  I created a file for this contractor and left her a note on what I had done.

During the week, I had found several more mistakes.  In all, I left her 4 notes.  Some of the other things she does is OK, but, not what I would do.  I told my bosses I didn't want to step on anyone's toes, however, this needed to be brought to their attention as well as her's.  My boss gave me her blessings on the notes, said if she got mad, too bad.

Yesterday morning, 2 of the Techs came to me and said what a wonderful week they had.  They said this week had been so peaceful to them, how much they liked having me there.  They said it was the best week they had had.

Later, in the afternoon, those same 2 Techs told me how much they dislike the other girl.  They said that no one likes her, she is very rude, hateful even towards them.  They said she walks around as if she is the boss, and, when they used to say "Good morning" to her, she doesn't respond to them at all.  Now, they said, they do not speak to her at all.  They also said she makes them feel uncomfortable when around her.

I was shocked.  When I trained her, she gave me the impression of how nice she was.  She also is the one who told me about the church we now are members of.  She too is a member.  Although, because it is so big, I never see her.  She goes to a different service.  Guess looks are deceiving, huh?

On Thursday, I discovered a really big mistake we think, on her part.  An almost $10,000 mistake that is.  Crystal, (my old boss) was furious, as well as Tom, her husband and my other old boss.  Crystal is going to ask her about this on Tuesday, when she comes back.

Now comes a confession.  I want to go back there.  This whole week was such a blessing to me.  I did not realize how much I missed working there, until I worked there this week.  How good I felt about myself.  This funk I have been in, lifted.  The whole week.  How at home, I felt.

I don't know where all this will lead.  I only know I want to go back.  Of course, she will have to lose her job.  However, she is one of those who does not have to work.  Her husband works at one of the labs here, making good money.  She told me the only reason she works is because she likes to spend money.

Now, a favor of you all.  I am asking for prayer that I will get my job back.  Not only will it help me out greatly financially, but mentally as well.  I want to feel good again.  I don't like what I've become.  I want to be me again.  I lost me.  I want me back.

Jesus Christ can make it happen.  Let's bombard Heaven with prayers.  Thank you, my readers.

I just wanna go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment