Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A conversation with Mom

We had a really nice day yesterday.  We went with Tish & Jace to a pancake breakfast and then a parade.  It was in Fountain Valley, a small community southeast of the Springs.

It was nice to get out and kind of see just exactly where I am living now.  This little town was so quaint.  I liked the vibe of this community.

Husband enjoyed himself, especially during the parade. 

Colorado must be on a timer.  As soon as it turned September, someone turned off the heat and we are having some glorious weather.  I love it. 

Sunday morning, I noticed a big truck in the parking area, filled with wood.  The office had told me that this guy sells apartment packages of fire wood.  As he was unloading fire wood onto my neighbor's patio, I motioned him to come over.  I asked him what he charged for the wood and how much wood was in this package.  To make a long story short, I am now the proud owner of an apartment package of fire wood.  He told me he starts coming around during the Labor Day holiday because there are lots of orders to fill.  He has now put me on the list and will be here in another 2 weeks.  I am going to get another package, because, as, like he says, "When Winter hits, Winter hits."  Rather be prepared.

My neighbor says by using her fireplace, it saves bundles on the heating bill.  She also said that the fireplaces in this complex are wonderful and heat up the whole apartment.  Am looking forward to my first fire in the fireplace.

I called my mom in the afternoon, to give her our new home phone number.  I was supposed to call her last week, but, with all the unpacking I had to do, it slipped my mind.  She was so happy to hear from me.

I was telling her all about Colorado Springs, the weather, the blue skies, that groceries are cheaper here, my new apartment and how husband handled the move.  She said, "You know honey, you sound so good.  I haven't heard that lift in your voice in such a long time."

Surprised, I said, "I do?  I sound good?"  "Yes, you do.  I'm so glad you honored your husband and took him to Colorado."

When I got off the phone, I sat here and thought about what she said.  I sound good?  I sound happy?
I did the right thing by moving here?

Just thinking about that, made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment