Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, September 23, 2013

I gotta a new attitude

Thank you for the comments.  And support in any decisions I may make.  I appreciate everyone of you who reads here.  After reading some of your comments it helped me. 

It's not the comments, or lack of comments, it's just that I feel as if this blog has become sort of depressing to me, and I felt as if people would read it and think, "Oh boy, here she goes again."

Unfortunately, this is not a fictional blog.  It's real. 

I have decided, for now, to keep this blog going. 

I thought long and hard about how to spice it up.  And, Debby, you gave me some great ideas.  Thank you.

The kids know of my feelings.  They support me 100%.  Only, we don't talk much about it.  Not much to talk about when they see husband struggling to talk, think and walk.  It's there, smack in their faces.  Some handle it better than the others.  Jack is the only one who does not handle it well.  This has damaged not only husband, but, the family as well.

I still want to publish this blog one day.  Or, write that book.  Writing a book is hard, as I've started one, only to not go back to it.  Husband's illness is time consuming and suffocating.  Hence, this blog.

So, for now, this blog shall remain open. 

We go on Wednesday to the new Dr up in Denver.  I will post with an update then.

For now, thank you to the readers who follow this journey with me.

I am playing with ideas on how to switch this blog up.  It will still be centered on husband, but with just a change on how I post and what you see.

Thank you again.  Hold my hand as I enter a new phase in my walk with Alzheimer's.

 

4 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you have decided to keep the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't know each other. I found your blog over a year ago when Kelly's Korner was asking for response about something - I'm not even sure what it was now - maybe grandmother names. I may have it wrong, but you may have said you are called Nonnie by your grandchildren. But, your title "4th Pew on the Left" caught my attention. That is where my family sits in our church. I play the piano and my husband sings in the choir. My children, who were having to sit by themselves, didn't want to sit on the front row, so somehow they ended up on the 4th pew. They have been there for over 30 years - now sitting with spouses and my grandchildren. They have spilled over to the 5th row! All of that was to let you know how I found your blog - I am in Tennessee. I find your blog to be real. You don't sugar coat anything. When Pat Summitt was diagnosed with the same thing a while back, I felt like I knew some of what she might experience in the future. I talk about you to my friends and we have prayed for you and your family. I can't know what you are going through on a personal level, but you seem to be coping as well as anyone could in your circumstances. Life is not always easy, but as long as the Lord leaves us here, we have a job to do. Your story may just be what someone else needs to hear. Whether you realize it or not, your struggles could be the inspiration that helps a newly diagnosed family cope. Just wanted to let you know how I feel about your blog. You are prayed for in Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I haven't commented lately (because we have been away and I could only read via my little kindle and couldn't comment) I do read all your posts and never thing "oh here comes another depressing post" - no way. I appreciate you letting us in on your real life and by doing so, allows us to remember to pray for you and to consider each day, with the challenges it may represent, the day the Lord has given us. So now that I am back at my own real keyboard, I just wanted to say hi and also that I am so glad you did not stop blogging. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog daily but do not always comment as I feel I offer the same words ...over and over. I think this blog is a great outlet for you and I'm happy to hear you want to continue. I will continue to pray for you and your family ...and wish ...I could do so much more.

    ReplyDelete