Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, September 13, 2013

Ms. Fix it

In answer to your question, the above picture of husband was not taken in Manitou Springs.  The picture was taken up in Chama, New Mexico on what was our last camping trip in 2010.  I sometimes look at it now and think, "I thought he was sick back then.  You should see him now."

The rain continues here in the great state of Colorado.  It just wont stop.  I got a little concerned, but, my upstairs neighbor told me we would be fine.  We are supposed to clear somewhat by this afternoon.  I hope so.  Man, I love me a good rain storm, but this is ridiculous.  Poor Manitou Springs.  It's only 20 minutes from here and I think they got flooded during the night.  Such a pretty area too.

Ft Carson got 13 inches of rain last night.  Yeah, it's that bad.  We are 1/4 of a mile from Gate 3, so, you can just imagine we got about the same.  Tish called me last night and said they had lost power as well.  We have not lost power.  So far.

Being that I do my laundry at her house on Friday's, I thought I was not going to be able to do it, but, their power has been restored, so, brave me (not) is going to drive up to her house in a little while.

Husband is holding steady.  Some hallucinations early this morning, but, for the most part, he's doing OK.  The decline is coming, just you wait and see.  I think that's the worst part.  The waiting.  Now that I know what to expect, that it's coming, well, that's the hard part.

Husband has been eating well.  He used to sleep during the day and busy himself in the bedroom.  Here, he stays in the living room with me and does not sleep at all during the day.  That can be bothersome at times, because, he asks questions all day long.  I try to answer in an upbeat tone, but, sometimes, after answering the same question over and over, there is a little edge to my voice.

Husband has all sorts of gadgets.  Now that the bedroom is finally put together, with all of his stuff finally finding a home, he has been taking his stuff out and spreading them on his bed, looking at them.  Not all at the same time, but, a few at a time.  That's all fine and dandy, keeps him out of my hair, but, what he does next would drive a crazy person insane.

He will bring something out and tell me it's broken, I need to get a box and mail it back to the company so they can fix it.  When I tell him it's not broken, he gets very upset.  The trouble is, he has forgotten how to use this gadget so, he thinks it's broken.  He gets emotional.  He may throw a temper tantrum.  He gets agitated. 

Take for instance, the other night.  Husband has this knife he bought a few years back.  It wasn't cheap, a very nice quality pocket knife.  He insisted that it was broken, would not close,  I needed to do something right now.  Being that it was night time here really wasn't anything I could do. 

The next morning when Tish came over, he showed her his "broken knife".  He looked so sad as he was telling her that his knife was broken.  Tish takes the knife, presses the button and lo and behold, the knife closes. 

Husband thinks Tish is a hero.  She can fix anything, he says. 

I wish she could fix anything.  I'd give her husband and say, "Here, it's broken, fix it."

No comments:

Post a Comment