Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Monday, September 16, 2013


Round two of the rains have arrived.  I don't think it's as bad as before, but, still, the rains are here.  Let's hope and pray everyone stays safe.

We've had a low key weekend. I took husband and dog with me to Tish's house yesterday to finish up my laundry.  In between loads (I had two) I went with her to the Commissary.  My, that place is huge.  And crowded.  I wasn't impressed with their prices, but, their meat department looked good.  Even Tish says their prices are not that great. 

While up at Tish's house, the rains hit.  I was anxious to get home.  Once we got home, I started a fire in the fireplace.  By dinner time, it was nice and warm in my apartment.

Since Saturday, husband has been so confused and angry.  I deal with it on a daily basis, but, for some reason, he has been in a foul mood for a few days now.  And, everything is my fault.

There are days I just deal with it.  Then, there are days that I feel I might go crazy dealing with it.  Yesterday was one of those days.

Before we left for Tish's house, as I was dressing husband, he did not want to wear the sweats I was putting on him.  He became agitated and said he wanted to wear his Khaki pants with his belt.  I told him that these were warmer and easier to put on (for me) and makes it much easier for when he has to go to the bathroom.  He was having none of it.  I finally told him to knock it off, he was wearing the sweats, like it or not.

From there on out, he was in a fowl mood.  Getting to the car was fun.  I had husband in his walker (I keep the wheel chair in the back of my car), slowly making his way to the car, my cart on wheels with dirty clothes, my purse, my cup of espresso, a plant I wanted to transplant and the dog.  Oh, my dog.  He was so happy and excited to be going bye bye, that he kept jerking his leash, making it difficult for me to handle everything.

Then, there was the loading of the car.  Once I got everything and everyone settled, I let out a big sigh and started the car.  Husband looked at me and said, "I don't know what you are complaining about,  It's just a little walker."

Oh my, I had visions of opening his door and kicking him out.  With his "little walker".  I said nothing.  A big step for me.  And a big Bravo to me as well.  I actually kept my mouth shut.  Of course, the teeth  grinding I did on the way to the base was something to observe.

Once we got into Tish's house (with her help), he said to Tish, "She's in a bad mood today and I don't know why." 

Tish, knowing her mama, steered husband away from me and changed the subject.

What a day.  Then, there was the fun of coming back home, this time with rain pouring, the dog just as excited to get back home, an empty espresso cup in my purse and a bigger, heavier pot with my plant.

Once I got back in the apartment, set everything and everyone down, I went to check on husband.  There he was, walking in the rain and not too pleased about it.  I said nothing.  Again, Bravo to me!!

As I started the fire, all husband said was, "That feels good."

Again.  I said nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment