Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Home, sweet Home?

I love to post early in the morning.  My head is fresh, my mind clear.  I remember the previous day's events.  Husband is usually asleep, making it easy for me to post before he wakes up and the questions begin.

Not so lucky this morning.  He got up as soon as I did.  I had to give him a haircut, bathe and shave.  Then, it was house cleaning.  I hung the rest of pictures, re-arranged a few things, dusted, vacuumed.  Boy, it looks nice in here. 

I really like this apartment.  It is so big and roomy.  Now, with pictures in the living room, it  looks like home to me.

I go to Tish's house on Friday's to do my laundry.  Last week, I took husband and the dog.  It was just too much.  Yesterday, I left them both at home.  I settled husband in the big chair, in front of the TV and told him he was not allowed to leave.   It's not bad leaving him anymore because he virtually cannot walk.  He said he would sit there until I came home.  I showed him how to answer the phone and left.

I was gone for about 3 hours and tried calling him.  No answer.  I got a little worried, but, the office know to be on the lookout for him when they see my car gone (we live across from the office).  Yes, they are that good.

Un-loaded the car fast, thinking I'll never forgive myself if something happened to husband.  Flew in the front door, and, there was husband, sitting in the same position he was when I left.  With a big grin, he said, "I did what you said.  I didn't move."  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry from relief. I told him I had tried calling a few times.  He looked confused.  He said he never heard the phone ring.  Frustrated, I took the phone and showed it to him.  Then, I looked at it closely.  My bargain $4.00 phone I got at the Goodwill 4 years ago, had finally gone out!!

When I told him the phone wasn't working, he smiled and said, "See, it's the phone's fault.  I was a good boy."

After putting clean clothes away, fresh sheets on both beds, I made a trip to Target where I got a brand new phone.  It actually rings now.  What a concept!!

I am taking husband to Manitou Springs tomorrow.  He is excited about that.  Keeps asking me when is tomorrow.  All we'll do is stroll the sidewalks, me with the dog, husband in his wheel chair.  It's so pretty up there, actually, I'm a little excited too.

Life is settling, I've noticed.  I've gotten a routine again.  I'm beginning to relax a little.  This weather here in Colorado is glorious. 

It's beginning to feel like home to me.  Finally.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment