Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Friday, September 16, 2011

Changes

Husband's baptisism will be Saturday instead of Sunday. When they called to tell me, husband began to get nervous. Asked me if I would be with him. I told him that the men would help him up the stairs and down into the water. He still seems nervous this morning.

I will still have a special dinner for him Sunday. The kids are coming, which makes it even more special. He is excited for the kids.

When Hospice came the other day, he was telling her about how we now go to church. His eyes lit up, he looked like a little child talking to his teacher. He looks forward to church every week. I am thandful for that.

Fall has arrived here. Lovely weather, crisp, rather cool mornings, warming up, but not enough to use the air conditioner. All the windows and doors are open during the day now. As I was driving home from taking Jack to school yesterday, I noticed the trees. At the top of each tree, you can see some discoloration in the leaves. Soon, they will turn to a yellow, then brown. By November, all the leaves will be gone. The trees will be bare. And, we will hunker down for a cold winter.

Last year this time, I didn't think husband would still be here. I am glad to say he is. He has lost so much this past year.

Husband continues to talk about moving. Said he wants to go to Colorado when Jack leaves in July for the Air Force. I don't know what to say. We can't afford to move at this time, and I am not wanting to leave his Dr's. Don't want to start over with a new Dr, especially when I don't know where he will be mentally next July. Don't get me wrong, I do not want to live here either, but hesitate in making such a big move when his mind could be in a fragile state. It's all up to me. That's a big decision, have to really think this one through.

Got the referral from Dr A. for Physical Therapy Evaluation. Once they observe his attempt at walking, we will see what aid he needs. Glad I found out those services were available to us.

Another week has gone by. I cannot believe it's already the middle of September. The Holidays will be here before I know it. Don't want to think about it. It's not the same anymore. Just another day. But, if this is to be his last holiday season, I want to have good memories of him. Not this person now, the person he was. The man before this monster struck. Yes, way before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment