Husband's last camping trip

Husband's last camping trip

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mr Fix-it

Had an interesting day yesterday. Husband puttered around in the garage. He wanted to make a bench. I let him stay there for most of the afternoon. That kept him away from the slding glass door he jammed up the night before. Happy to report, sliding door is fine now. It also gave me some alone time.

I will say though, this week, he has been on a "fix it" stage. Last night, the arm on Jack's glasses came off. Luckily, he saved the little screw. Husband fixed it, but not without a fight. Jack wanted to do it himself, husband insisted on doing it for him. Me? I was out in the living room, and as I heard them talking, I knew it would not be pretty. So, being the person that I am, I just turned the volume up on my TV.

It was one of those, "I just don't want to deal with it" kind of circumstances. My body said go help, my mind said, can't deal right now. Happily, the glasses got fixed, but not without a fight.

As I was doing dinner dishes last night, the garbage disposal decided to clog up. Glad it happened during "Fix-it" week, (yes, that was a sarcastic remark). Husband was watching me, I asked him to go get the plunger from the master bathroom. After what seemed like a long time, he came back with the plunger. I asked him what took so long. He said, "I forgot where the bathroom was." He stood over me, "guiding" me on how to un-clog the disposal. I tuned him out and un-clogged it myself. Later, I found him in the kitchen, looking down the drain and disposal. I told him to step away the from the sink. It was around that time that Jack's glasses broke, so, his attention turned to another "fix it".

As I was going to bed last night, I noticed the chain on our ceiling fan was broke off. I asked him about it. He said he tried to "fix it", but it broke. He looked up at the fan and said, "I'll check it out tomorrow". Uh, no, I said, leave it alone.

I am hoping for a day where nothing "breaks". I don't know what has prompted this. I have never seen this side of him before. It's absolutely hilarious if you ask me. Everything in my house is getting broken, but not by it's own. By husband. Have to watch him today. No more Mr Fix-it.

I know, I'll take him to his Dads' house. Let him "fix" his house!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment